OVERVIEW: SHIPPING DANGEROUS GOODS BY AIR ONLINE COURSE
The objective of this entry-level course is to provide data to individuals working in the field of shipping dangerous goods by air. Individuals who have an interest to understand more about shipping dangerous goods (making the essential shipping documentations, packing the goods appropriately, and so forth) can take this course, also.
It’s advised that students have or acquire a copy of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations. You can buy a copy by contacting ICC Compliance Center at 1-888-442-9628 or www.thecompliancecenter.com.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS ONLINE COURSE:
- Overview of the federal & international regulations (ICAO/IATA)
- Use of the IATA book
- Kinds of operator and state
- Groups of dangerous goods according to IATA (ICAO)
- Utilizing the dangerous goods list
- Requirements for packaging the goods
- UN specification packaging
- Choosing the packing instruction
- Packaging guidelines for loading goods into cargo or passenger aircrafts
- Proper techniques to mark and label the package
- Shipping documents
- Overview of placard specifications
- Segregation of hazardous goods
- Accidental releases and reporting
- Limitations when handling hazardous goods
- Safety essential when handling hazardous goods
THE DURATION OF THIS ONLINE COURSE: Approximately 4 hours
SHIPPING DANGEROUS GOODS BY AIR ONLINE COURSE TEST: Participants will undergo an examination to assess how much they’ve learned from this online course. Participants should obtain a passing mark of 80% to get the certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice when the pass mark is not accomplished.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION FOR THIS ONLINE COURSE: Upon completion of this online course, a certificate of completion is going to be available for download and printing. Based on the IATA/ICAO regulations, this certificate will be valid for two years.