ONLINE COURSE FOR SAFE SLINGING AND RIGGING PRACTICES OVERVIEW
This is a Crane Safe Rigging and Slinging course that applies across Canada and is equivalent to ANSI and ASME standards. It covers proper practices and techniques to sling and rig loads according to CSA which is the Canadian Standards Association Z150-98.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS INSTRUCTION:
Those employees who operate or workaround Cranes. These employees would need to know safe slinging and rigging practices and will benefit from this safety presentation.
TOPICS OF INTEREST:
- The Pre-lift hazard assessments
- Owner, operator and supervisory responsibilities
- Construction of wire rope
- Centre of gravity for a sling
- Rigging hardware
- Crane and hoist signals
- Safe working load limits and safety factors
- Sling and rope inspections
- Installation procedures for Hoist line
- Types of rigging hitches
- Determining the configurations, sizes and types of slings and use of sling capacity charts
- D/d rations
COST OUTLAY: $199.95
TIME: 3 hours is the approximate time
CERTIFICATION COMPLETION: Successful passing of program is achieved after finishing this online program with an 80% mark.. The course can be completed two times if the mark is not achieved.
A completion certificate is available to download and print for your records or for the employer files.
Testing is conducted during the entire online program to reinforce the information presented.
To buy courses for multiple users, please contact us directly.
SAFE SLINGING AND RIGGING COURSE PREVIEW