ONLINE COURSE GROUND DISTURBANCE FOR SUPERVISORS OVERVIEW
This elearning program is Alberta Common Ground Alliance endorsed course is designed for planners, managers, supervisors, and employees The specific personnel will be required to develop, plan, and implement any kind of ground disturbance.
Upon successful completion of this online course you should be able to:
- Decide what permits and agreements will be needed
- Describe how to locate and identify the underground facilities
- Describe regulations associated with ground disturbance
- Describe the responsibilities for owners and ground disturbers
- Describe safety requirements for your job
- Identify and know the definition ground disturbance
- Describe the many hazards of ground disturbance
This Ground Disturbance for Supervisors course contains the same course content as a classroom based Ground Disturbance 201 course, and has been endorsed by the Alberta Common Ground Alliance (ABCGA).
VIRTUAL GROUND DISTURBANCE FOR SUPERVISORS PROCTORING
This online course uses virtual proctoring through Integrity Advocate in order to guarantee that the learner has successfully completed the training . It ensures compliance with industry leading safety standards. Many employers prefer the high level of compliance that certificates with proctoring endorsements guarantee.
Please note that a webcam is required.This will record the training session to ensure that the correct learner has completed all required training without outside assistance. You must give Integrity Advocate access to your webcam device to proceed and validate the certificate.
ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
Module 1 – Definition, Words, and the Terms
- Defining the meaning ground disturbance
- Common words and terms related to ground disturbance
Module 2 – Various Regulations and Responsibilities
- Penalties for contravention of regulations
- Responsibilities of each party involved in a ground disturbance
- Regulations that apply to ground disturbance
Module 3 – Various types of Approvals, Permits, and Agreements
- Circumstances that may impact the ground disturbance permits and agreements required
- Approvals common to ground disturbance
- Various types of ground disturbance permits
- Commonly used ground disturbance agreements
Module 4 – Ground Disturbance Plans
- Techniques that can be used to minimize environmental impacts
- Soil types, cutbacks, and sloping according to Alberta and Saskatchewan regulations
- Reclamation process
Module 5 – 6 Stages of Ground Disturbance
- Procedures for marking underground facilities
- Exposure process for underground facilities
- Techniques for locating existing underground facilities
- Backfill responsibilities
Module 6 – Underground Facility Contact and strategies
- Strategies for preventing contact
- How to prepare for a contact
- What constitutes contact with an underground facility and the procedures to follow if contact is made
- Histoical damage to underground facilities
- Common causes of contacts with underground facilities
- Potential consequences of contacting underground facilities
GROUND DISTURBANCE FOR SUPERVISORS ONLINE COURSE TIMING: Approximately 3.5 hours in length
GROUND DISTURBANCE FOR SUPERVISORS EXAM: Testing conducted throughout this online Ground Disturbance for Supervisors course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the exam twice if the pass mark is not achieved. Print materials necessary to complete this course can be accessed from us online.
GROUND DISTURBANCE FOR SUPERVISORS CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing. The certificate is valid for 3 years from the course completion date indicated on the certificate.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.
PREVIEW OF GROUND DISTURBANCE FOR SUPERVISORS ONLINE COURSE